Learn more about all the amazing opportunities PoES has to offer so that their students achieve outstanding skills to strive in education.
Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union
Vision and Mission: Lead, Aspire, Discover, Explore
Poultney Elementary School, as part of the GRCSU, believes it is our mission to create an engaged learning community by empowering students to:
Learn independently and collaboratively; Explore their own passions and choose their own pathways; Aspire to achieve success; Discover their own roles as contributing members of local and global communities.
Poultney Elementary School Goals
- To promote learning and achievement for ALL students
- To promote a climate and culture in which children, faculty and staff feel safe, nurtured, respected and valued
- To provide a holistic approach to teaching and learning, that fosters social emotional growth and well-being
- To provide opportunity for quality professional development that is embedded and seen as part of a continual process in the quest for lifelong learning
- To increase academic proficiency by providing quality instruction that includes opportunities for student voice and choice