Teacher of The Year: Mrs. Tami White!
Tami White has been a teacher at Poultney Elementary School for the past seven years. During this time she has achieved a Master’s Degree in mathematics, all the while supporting her students in their learning by being creative, innovative and kind. Tami understands the importance of building character and thus, provides a classroom environment which fosters responsibility, respect and empathy. Mrs. White has embraced new initiatives through the implementation of project-based learning which assists her students in taking ownership of their learning and identify their own strengths so that they may become confident in their ideas and beliefs.
In addition to being highly revered by her students and parents, she is also a quiet leader amongst her peers, sharing resources and modeling new programs and practices. One of her best attributes, in addition to her sense of humor, passion and dedication that she brings to teaching, is that she is most reflective in her thinking, always striving to be the best and give the best to every child. Tami advocates for what children need and exemplifies professionalism and integrity.
Poultney Elementary School
Tuesday Early Dismissal Times are as follows:
PreK will begin dismissing students (both bus & pickup) at 1:35 p.m.
Bus students of Grades K-2 will leave at the 1:45 bell.
Bus students of Grades 3-6 will leave at the 1:48 bell.
The last bell at 1:50 will be for students in Grades K-6 who walk or will be picked up.
1. To promote learning and achievement for ALL students.
2. To promote a climate and culture for learning in which children, faculty and staff feel safe and nurtured, respected and valued.
3. To strengthen community and college partnerships, through increased communication and technological accessibility.
4. To provide high quality professional development that is embedded and seen as part of a continual process in the quest for lifelong learning.
5. To increase proficiency levels of students in the area of technology through integrated learning opportunities in order to prepare students for 21st Century Learning and future career paths.
Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union
Vision and Mission
Lead, Aspire, Discover, Explore
Poultney Elementary School, as part of the GRCSU, believes it is our mission to create an engaged learning community by empowering students to:
Learn independently and collaboratively; Explore their own passions and choose their own pathways; Aspire to achieve success; Discover their own roles as contributing members of local and global communities.